Frequently Asked Questions
| Expand all
Who is ConnectShip | iShip?
What does ConnectShip | iShip do?
We specialize in on-premise and online multi-carrier compliance and the engineering of full-featured shipping applications with powerful integration technology to power the shipping functionality of enterprise resource planning and supply chain management systems.
What is carrier compliance?
Implementing and maintaining carrier rules, regulations, and requirements for aspects of the shipping process including freight pricing, electronic notifications, shipping labels, and documentation.
Learn more about why it makes sense to outsource
your carrier compliance...
Who does ConnectShip | iShip serve?
- Medium to large-volume shippers; more than 100 - 40,000 packages/day.
- National and international companies and organizations, warehouses, distribution centers, e-commerce businesses, solution providers of enterprise management systems, warehouse management systems, supply chain management systems, third party logistics providers (3PL), and commercial customers of UPS.
- Fortune 100 clients include Dell, Microsoft, GE, Target, Costco, Walgreens, JP Morgan Chase, Cardinal Health, Pfizer, State Farm Insurance, 3M, Motorola, and others. ConnectShip serves 19 of the Fortune 100 companies, 6 of which are in the top 25.
- Major brands using ConnectShip shipping software to power their shipping processes include Dow Corning, Swiss Army, Toro, Tommy Bahamas, The Men's Warehouse, Abercrombie & Fitch, L'Occitane, WebMD, Bausch & Lomb, National Geographic, Home Shopping Network, Porsche, and the Dallas Cowboys.
Who owns ConnectShip | iShip?
ConnectShip and iShip are two wholly-owned, independent business units of United Parcel Service (UPS)
. ConnectShip | iShip maintains an independent relationship with the parent company; information obtained from other carriers during the compliance process is not shared with UPS; UPS does not share other multi-carrier shipping vendor information with ConnectShip | iShip.
Since you are owned by UPS, will you provide multi-carrier support?
We offer multi-carrier solutions and have strong relationships with all of the major carriers, LTL carriers, regional and miscellaneous carriers. We provide all rates and fees associated with all carriers, including UPS, for rate comparison purposes.
What is the business model?
Our core business is the development and enhancement of shipping solutions that supports multiple carriers to optimize shipping functionality throughout the enterprise on a global scale. Customers obtain licenses for software and shipper and carrier components. Licenses are sold by our reseller partners and Independant Software Vendors
, through our Solutions Support Department
, and via UPS Customer Solutions
. Software license update subscriptions are sold annually. Patches, updates and maintenance are all included with the license and the yearly subscriptions; no additional or hidden costs are involved. Patches are issued for any identified software bugs and to provide carrier updates for compliance and rate changes.
What solutions does ConnectShip | iShip offer?
View our solution offerings here
How do i become a reseller of ConnectShip | iShip solutions?
Learn more about joining our Partner network here
What is Progistics?
Progistics is the name of our patented technology that enables corporate-wide visibility into transportation management. Progistics API is a flexible set of tools for developing customer shipping functionality and applications on which to build an integrated enterprise solution.
How can I determine which solution is best for my company?
To determine which shipping solution is best for your unique business, speak to a Solutions Support representative
about your existing and planned shipping needs. Consider the following factors:
- plans for expansion into markets in other countries or other vertical
- increased or decreased package volume (including returns)
- integration with enterprise resource planning, warehouse management, or supply chain management systems
- number of distribution centers, warehouses, locations that need to be connected to and managed remotely to process shipments
- labor costs of the employees who do manual processes such as rate comparisons, order processing, warehouse and shipping procedures, returned shipment handling
Our solution is not one-size-fits-all. A representative from ConnectShip can help you evaluate your needs in a consultative, fact-finding session.
Who can we contact to tell me more about your software and solutions?
Carriers and Services
What carriers do you support?
From what origin countries can we ship?
Are you compliant with all of the carriers?
We support the major carriers, the most common and widely used services and many services that are specific to a particular carrier or country. Review the Carriers page
, which lists all of the carriers and services we support by country and by carrier. If you do not see the type of service or the carrier that you need, contact our Solutions Support Department
to discuss your specific needs. We support shipments from more than 50 origin countries.
Note: When comparing vendors or researching a solution, be aware that it is not feasible for any shipping software provider to support all of the world's carriers and/or all of the services due to the large number of small parcel, LTL and freight carriers and their available services. Make sure that the vendor you select supports the carrier and carrier services that your business requires or is willing to become compliant with that carrier and/or service.
How can I save money on shipping by using ConnectShip | iShip solutions?
- Integrate the shipping system across all platforms to provide better visibility throughout the order pipeline
- Access to new markets with built-in international carrier compliance
- Use one system to manage all workstations, locations, and distribution points
- Accommodate just-in-time shipments to manage lower inventory levels
- Make strategic decisions based on real-time data
- Make decisions at order entry stage where business rules and carriers can be specified
- Determine where efficiencies can be gained in the order-to-cash process
- Compare carrier services and rates worldwide, based on your specific business rules
- Use current rates to bill customers to recover shipping costs and up-charge for shipping
- Use technology to automate systems to reduce number of employees required to perform manual tasks and to improve performance
- Reduce instances of human error